my friend mariko writes that hiroyuki has my eyes. i don't know about that (and i still don't know what color they are. my junior high biology class tells me they should be brown, but in some lights they look blue. it raises my hopes, but i know that in the end they'll be brown.), but he does have my eyebrows. and nose. i'm not sure if that's a good thing or not. since i'm pretty sure we're going to be in japan for a long time, having a child that doesn't look japanese might not be easy for that child. we hear about bullying and being left out, especially in junior high. not that that wouldn't happen in the US. i know first hand what it's like to be different and feel like no one likes you. as parents, we think we know what we're doing. and we know what might happen. to tell the truth, for me it would be perfect to send him to school in the US for junior and senior high school (and that would really help his american citizenship...), but that means money, so i would have to go to work. and the sooner the better (because that means working longer and eaning more.), but i don't want to leave him. i want to hold him close and never let him go. i know, i know, that's not practical either. oh, sigh.