so, last wednesday i went to hyogo to teach in an english camp. i don't really want to write about work, but let me say i had a lot of fun! i was actually surprised by how much i enjoyed it! i also loved traveling in hyogo. basically i went to kobe, which i haven't visited in over ten years! i didn't have any time for sight-seeing, i couldn't even meet up with kansai friends, but i was reminded about how much i love traveling in japan and should do it more often! especially without three small children attached to me...

sadly, i forgot my camera at home, and the battery in my keitai died my second day there, so i have no photos. not that i would share any of the students, but i could have got a lot of great pictures. esp. since on my way home, there was a professional baseball game at koshien stadium (loads of interesting people dressed for the game! such a shame the game was rained out.) there was also a game at hiroshima stadium (sorry, i don't know the official name for it) and it looked spectacular from the shinkasen!

there was a heavy rain storm that hit kansai as we were returning to koshien from the camp. i got completely soaked on my way to the station, although the (private) bus dropped me off right there. then the shinkansen was delayed by rain in kyoto, so i had a slight panic when the train i was supposed to be on didn't show up on the information board! they only show two departures at a time, so it showed up afterward. so, i got home rather late, and had to wait quite a bit, and ended up taking a taxi home just to find myself locked out! but in the end, i made it home and into bed. everyone missed me, even the cat and the dog didn't want to let me out of their sight. what a family!